I met Elizabeth almost 10 years ago and she has become a treasured friend, bound by the love of barbecue and cowboy boots. She’s the culinary mastermind behind Hill Country Barbecue Market and Hill Country Chicken and the author of a trio of books about grilling and barbecue.
In addition to the famous PB&J Cupcake she invented for Hill Country, she also developed the often-imitated ergonomically designed silicone grill brush and mop, along with a variety of other clever and well-designed grilling accessories, all available at bbqproshop.com.
Here’s Elizabeth’s take on the One-7:
1. Travel destination: Paris
2. Cut of meat to cook: Bone-in pork butt
3. Favorite pie: my grandmother’s coconut meringue
4. Best gift received: the “love of food” from my parents and grandparents
5. I admire: Steve Jobs
6. BBQ joint I’d like to visit: Skylight Inn
7. Words to live by: Don’t let the facts get in the way of a good story!
The One-7 features our friends and partners and gives a little insight into their worlds.